FLC is a challenging, meaningful adventure camp that builds understanding of small-group leadership techniques, leadership ethics, teamwork, problem solving and communication.
Participants will encounter challenge, excitement and fun. Activities include rappelling, paintball, first-aid, classroom instruction, a challenge course, and more. Teams are led by current Norwich University students and professional leaders to ensure expert instruction and a life-changing experience.
During the first week, a typical day begins at 5:30 a.m. and includes morning physical fitness training followed by training sessions that focus on individual and team skills. Each participant will serve as “team leader” for one day and be evaluated on their performance. Evening sessions focus on interactive classroom instruction on the methods, traits and principles of leadership, and effective communication.
During the second week, participants confront physical challenges such as climbing and rappelling the cliffs of Deer Leap Mountain. They practice wilderness survival skills during a three-day “in the woods” overnight exercise, and then test what they’ve learned during the Bushmaster Course. Teams spend their final days competing in the Olympic Challenge Course, a drill competition, and skit night.
On the day before departure, participants enjoy a day of swimming, canoeing and kayaking at Lake Elmore and are welcome to relax, play horseshoes or volleyball, or hike up Mount Elmore.
Future Leader Camp is conducted at Norwich University, which is located on 1,200 acres in the Green
Mountains of Vermont. Participants reside in a college dorm and sleep two to three to a room. Meals are served in the Wise Campus Center. On training days when we are away from the main campus, participants are issued Meals-Ready-to-Eat (MREs).
Each session is 2 weeks along. Students may apply for only one session.
- Session I - July 1 - July 14, 2018
- Session II - July 22 - August 4, 2018
A session costs $1,975 which includes: uniforms, dorm room stay, meals, all activities!
• Vermont residents are eligible for a $500 scholarship towards the cost of FLC.
• Vermont National Guard members or dependents who are juniors in high school with a 3.0 GPA or higher may be eligible for a scholarship that would cover the full cost of FLC.
• Members of Civil Air Patrol may be eligible for a $1,000 scholarship toward the cost of FLC.
• Students who attend a Norwich University Future Leaders Camp in the summer as high school sophomores or juniors may be eligible for a $2,000 Future Leaders Camp (FLC) Scholarship that will apply toward the cost of Norwich University tuition for each of 4 years - that’s a total award of $8,000! Contact us for details.
If you have questions about scholarships, travel, or need more information, please contact us:
Ready to Apply?
Applications are welcome from high school students. Qualified applicants should hold a minimum 2.5 GPA. While not required, involvement in leadership-driven organizations such as Junior ROTC, Civil Air Patrol, Sea Cadets, student government, athletics, scouting and school, religious/faith-based organizations, community or volunteer organizations is a big plus.
A complete application includes: online registration form, a copy of your most recent academic transcript, a resume (listing academic, leadership, extracurricular activities & accomplishments), a letter of recommendation, and medical waivers/forms (which will be emailed to you). There is a $25 fee to apply.